Our Insight briefs give an overview of current issues and developments in higher education, drawing on the data, knowledge and understanding available to us as the regulator for universities and colleges in England.
Schools, attainment and the role of higher education (April 2022)
Learning more about international students (March 2022)
A matter of principles: Regulating in the student interest (October 2020)
The National Student Survey: Consistency, controversy and change (February 2020)
Mental health: Are all students being properly supported? (November 2019)
Degree apprenticeships: A viable alternative? (March 2019)
Unconditional offers: Serving the interests of students? (January 2019)
07 April 2022
- The latest Insight brief on 'Schools, attainment and the role of higher education' has been added.
16 March 2022
- Insight brief 'Learning more about international students' published
04 November 2021
- The latest Insight brief on 'Place matters' has been added.
15 July 2021
- The latest insight brief on the NSS has been added.
27 May 2021
- Improving opportunity and choice for mature students Insight brief added
09 April 2021
- Consistency needed: Care experienced students and higher education Insight brief published
06 October 2020
- A matter of principles: Regulating in the student interest Insight brief published
19 February 2020
- National Student Survey Insight brief published
Describe your experience of using this website