The last in a series of training webinars for those that are new to completing the Higher Education Students Early Statistics (HESES) data return or those that would like to refresh their basic knowledge.
This webinar is part of the online training programme the OfS is providing on how to complete the HESES21 data return. It is the last in a series of four sessions for people who will be completing HESES for the first time in 2021-22, or those that would like to refresh their basic knowledge about HESES.
If you're unsure of which HESES training event to attend this year, please watch the video below for more information.
Which HESES21 session should I attend?
Session four will cover:
- how to submit your completed HESES21 workbook
- how the OfS will carry out data verification on your HESES21 return
- how to get your HESES21 submission signed off.
Other webinars in this series
- Introduction to OfS funding and HESES21
- Categorising your students using HESES21 definitions
- Identifying and counting students to be included in HESES21.
In attending the four sessions, you will:
- understand how OfS funding is allocated and how individual teaching grant allocations are calculated from student survey data
- learn how to complete and submit the HESES20 data return with a sufficient level of technical understanding to return surveys with high quality data
- the data verification process for HESES21 data and the sign-off process.
Who should attend?
These webinars are beginners’ session for people who will be completing HESES for the first time in 2021, or those or those that would like to refresh their basic knowledge about HESES.
- Delegates need no previous knowledge of the HESES, but we recommend that they know about the types of higher education courses at their provider (for example, how and when they are delivered), as well as their provider’s data collection systems.
Providers are welcome to register more than one colleague to watch this webinar live.
How to register
Registration in advance is required to watch this event live. Attendees will need to have a Zoom account linked to the email address they wish to register with to submit a registration form.
There is an option to sign up to Zoom at the top of the registration page. You will need to register for each session you wish to attend.
The webinar will be recorded and available to view on the OfS website.Register for the webinar