The third in a series of training webinars for those that are new to completing the Higher Education Students Early Statistics (HESES) data return or those that would like to refresh their basic knowledge.
This webinar was part of the online training programme the OfS is providing on how to complete the HESES21 data return. It was the third in a series of four sessions for people who will be completing HESES for the first time in 2021-22, or those that would like to refresh their basic knowledge about HESES.
Session three covered:
- how to count student years
- how to make forecasts of non-completion and FTE
- how to complete the healthcare tables in HESES21.
Other webinars in this series
- Introduction to OfS funding and HESES21
- Categorising your students using HESES21 definitions
- Submission and verification of the HESES20 workbook.
In attending the four sessions, you will:
- understand how OfS funding is allocated and how individual teaching grant allocations are calculated from student survey data
- learn how to complete and submit the HESES20 data return with a sufficient level of technical understanding to return surveys with high quality data
- the data verification process for HESES21 data and the sign-off process.
Which HESES21 session should I attend?
If you're unsure of which HESES training event to attend this year, please watch the video below for more information.