This event showcased the first two waves of the OfS’s £4.7 million student safeguarding catalyst fund projects, with a particular focus on sexual harassment, online harassment and hate crime.
The conference brought together a wealth of experience and approaches from 108 projects to discuss the very positive lessons learned and to help spark new initiatives in the wider higher education sector.
The conference featured:
- a keynote speech from Yvonne Hawkins, Director of Teaching Excellence and Student Experience at the Office for Students
- presentation of the summative evaluation findings from the project’s evaluators, Advance HE
- an NUS perspective on hate crime and harassment on campus from Shakira Martin, National Union of Students (NUS) President
- a panel discussion featuring Yvonne Hawkins (OfS), Shakira Martin (NUS), Prof Graham Towl (Durham University) and Fiona Waye (Universities UK) discussing recommendations for future action
- workshop sessions, led by the project teams from rounds 1 and 2 of the safeguarding catalyst call.
Additional materials will be added as we receive them.
Reports and publications
- Safeguarding Catalyst Fund projects evaluation: Thematic report (round 1 projects)
- Safeguarding Catalyst Fund projects evaluation: Thematic report (round 2 projects) and summative report
- Catalyst for change: Protecting students from hate crime, sexual violence and online harassment in higher education