How to complete OfS data returns
The seminar will include the following sessions:
- OfS funding rules and definitions
- How funding is calculated from data
- A step-by-step guide to completing the HEIFES18 tables
- Data verification timescales and processes.
This is a beginners’ session for people who will be completing HEIFES for the first time in 2018-19, or those who need a back-to-basics introduction. The events will involve hands-on training in completing the data return.
The content covered will also be applicable to providers new to OfS funding who will be completing the HESF survey. The day will be structured to allow different groups of providers to access the information relevant to them.
We welcome up to two delegates per provider. Places will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
There is no charge for attending.
The same agenda is also covered by events held in London and Bristol.
The deadline for registration has now passed.
Download training materials for the HEIFES18 seminar
The links below can be used to download copies of the handouts provided at the seminar. Please note that this page will be updated after the event with answers to the exercises.
- 0 - HEIFES18 agenda 2018.10.02 PDF 198Kb
- 1 - HEIFES18 intro and funding round PDF 931Kb
- 2a - HEIFES18 seminar - Definitions & counting PDF 1782Kb
- 2b - HEIFES seminar - Defintions quiz questions (blank) PDF 359Kb
- 3 - HEIFES18 Table exercise PDF 2211Kb
- 3a - HEIFES18 Seminar - Table exercises questions PDF 294Kb
- 3a - HEIFES18 Seminar - Table exercises workbook blank XLSX 3457Kb
- 4a - HEIFES18 – submitting the workbook and data verification PDF 652Kb
- 4b - HEIFES18 - DV exercise question sheet PDF 121Kb
- 4c - HEIFES18 1000000y NE Ware College - comparison tables DV exercise PDF 108Kb