How to complete OfS data returns
The seminar included the following sessions:
- OfS funding rules and definitions
- How funding is calculated from data
- A step-by-step guide to completing the HEIFES18 tables
- Data verification timescales and processes.
This was a beginners’ session for people who will be completing HEIFES for the first time in 2018-19, or those who need a back-to-basics introduction. The events involved hands-on training in completing the data return.
The content covered was also applicable to providers new to OfS funding who will be completing the HESF survey.
The same agenda is also covered in events held in Bristol and Manchester.
The deadline for registration has now passed.
Download training materials for the HEIFES18 seminar
The links below can be used to download copies of the handouts provided at the seminar and answers to the exercises.
- 0 - HEIFES18 agenda 2018.09.25.pdf PDF 199Kb
- 1 - HEIFES18 intro and funding round.pdf PDF 812Kb
- 2a - HEIFES18 seminar - Definitions & counting.pdf PDF 1782Kb
- 2b - HEIFES18 seminar - Definitions quiz questions (blank) PDF 359Kb
- 2b - HEIFES18 Workshop - Definitions quiz questions - answers PDF 369Kb
- 3a - HEIFES18 Seminar - Table exercises questions PDF 294Kb
- 3a - HEIFES18 Seminar - Table exercises answers PDF 296Kb
- 3a - HEIFES18 Seminar - Table exercises workbook completed XLSX 3456Kb
- 3b - HEIFES18 Seminar - Table Exercises blank workbook.pdf PDF 326Kb
- 4 - HEIFES18 Workshop - Data Verification Exercise - answers PDF 225Kb
- 4a - HEIFES18 – submitting the workbook and data verification.pdf PDF 652Kb
- 4b - HEIFES18 - DV exercise question sheet.pdf PDF 121Kb
- 4c - HEIFES18 1000000y NE Ware College - comparison tables DV exercise.pdf PDF 108Kb