The individualised files are the data files that contain both the raw, student-level data submitted by providers to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) or the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and additional data derived by the OfS for our regulatory purposes.
The fields displayed in the individualised files can be used to build key dimensions of outputs provided as part of the data checking tools, post-collection outputs and other processes.
You'll find detailed instructions on how the data in the individualised files is generated in the technical document for each output.
Extracting the outputs from a compressed .zip file
Please note these zip file extraction instructions apply only for Windows. It is possible to extract zip files on Mac and other operating systems as well. Please contact your IT department if you are unsure how to proceed.
- Right-click on the file and select ‘Extract all’.
- Use the ‘Browse’ button to select where to store the outputs. By default this will be the same location as the .zip file.
- Ensure the option ‘Show extracted files when complete’ is ticked.
- Click ‘Extract’.
- A new window will open showing the extracted outputs in the new folder.
- Individualised files are those ending in ‘IND.csv’.