UK nationals studying in the EU

Transferring to a UK higher education provider

If you are concerned about the impact of the UK's departure from the EU on your studies, you should talk to your university or college about your options.

We also advise that you regularly check Foreign and Commonwealth Office updates for further advice and guidance.

Researching options

If you are considering returning to the UK to study, you may want to start researching courses at universities and colleges. Each course will have different entry requirements; the UCAS website will be able to give you more information.

Not all higher education providers are listed on UCAS and you may need to contact some directly.

You may also want to research the tuition and living costs for courses in which you are interested, and the financial support available.

UK course information

  • Discover Uni - official information to help you find and compare courses
  • UCAS – Universities and Colleges Admissions Service - for information about courses available at UK higher education providers
  • – database of PhD opportunities
  • – includes a searchable list of PhD courses
  • – database of masters' level courses

Applying to transfer

If you want to transfer you will have to apply, showing that you meet the requirements for the UK course and demonstrating your learning and achievements to date. This may affect the point within a course from which you can continue your studies.

You should collect from your current institution as much relevant information you can, such as:

  • a transcript of studies – with the ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) values where possible
  • certification for credit that you have accumulated or modules you have completed
  • an exit award (generally a level below your current level)
  • a combination of these.
Last updated 31 January 2020
31 January 2020
Content update

Describe your experience of using this website

Improve experience feedback
* *

Thank you for your feedback