The OfS and Research England use a number of different data sources submitted by higher education providers, including:
We expect that the data we use will be the final version submitted and signed off as correct by the provider’s accountable officer.
OfS and Research England use these different data sources for many reasons, including:
- public information (including Unistats and DLHE)
- regulation and assurance
- Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF)
- Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF)
- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- policy and statistical analysis.
Sometimes errors are identified in the data after it has been finally submitted or signed off by providers and after the OfS or Research England have used the data.
There is a data amendment process to assess whether the OfS or Research England require amendments to be made, and whether and how we use amended data to change outcomes.
This section describes the process if errors are identified in data following final submission or sign-off by providers.