This project will address the unemployment and underemployment of black and minority ethnic (BME) graduates within the Bradford Metropolitan District (BMD), and the recruitment, skill gap and diversity challenges of three priority sectors of the BMD labour market - social care, engineering and manufacturing, and public pervices (education, social work, police).
It will do so through business development and graduate coaching interventions, as well as sector and community employment events.
The lead provider, University of Bradford, will work in partnership with:
- University of Bradford Students’ Union (UBU)
- Bradford Council Skills House
- Bradford Council Integrated Communities Programme (IC)
- Education Development Trust (LEP Career Hub)
- Bradford Chamber of Commerce
- Bradford Health and Social Care Economic Partnership
- West Yorkshire Police
- Khidmat Centre
- Bradford Trident Opportunity Area
Joanne Beaumont, email [email protected]