This event explored universities and colleges’ approaches to tackling harassment and sexual misconduct.
The OfS’s statement of expectations outlines the practical steps that we expect universities and colleges to take in tackling harassment and sexual misconduct that affect their students. To mark one year since the publication of the statement, this event discussed learning about implementing the statement of expectations and shared provider practice.
It was also an opportunity to hear about the work we're carrying out to understand the impact of the statement of expectations.
This event included:
- an introduction to OfS's work on harassment and sexual misconduct from John Blake, the OfS's Director for Fair Access and Participation
- videos from providers on their practice in response to the statement of expectations
- a panel discussion with student representatives
- a presentation from Helen Baird and Graham Towl from SUMS Consulting, independent evaluators of the statement of expectations
- an audience question and answer session with John Blake, Emma Douthwaite (OfS Safeguarding and Welfare Manager), Simon Lee (Vice Chair, AMOSSHE) and Debra Humphris (Vice-Chancellor, University of Brighton).
Watch the event
Further questions: Please email [email protected].