A webinar giving guidance on how to write an effective risk assessment under the Prevent duty.
The webinar consisted of a 35 minute presentation covering:
- statutory requirements
- what an effective Prevent risk assessment should look like
- what areas a Prevent risk assessment should cover
- how to plan a risk assessment and action plan
- sources of information and intelligence
- identification of good practice and information sharing.
It also included a 25 minute question and answer session.
Who is this webinar for?
The webinar was aimed at all relevant higher education bodies (RHEBs), that is:
- providers that are registered with the OfS
- providers that are not registered but have more than 250 higher education students - we define higher education students as those studying on a course that leads to a recognised higher education award in Schedule 6 of the Education Reform Act (1988)
- providers that are designated for student support by the Secretary of State (e.g. for the purposes of ‘teach out’)
- all the autonomous colleges, schools and halls of the universities of Cambridge, Durham and Oxford.
The webinar has been recorded and all those who registered for the live event will be sent a link in the next couple of weeks.
If you have any questions about this event please contact the Prevent team at [email protected].