A series of presentations covering key data fields for higher education students in the Individualised Learner Record (ILR).
There are many common misunderstandings in how the higher education data in the ILR should be reported and for many further education colleges the use of ILR data by the Office for Students remains a mystery.
This series of seven presentations will provide:
- explanations of how the data should be returned
- information on the key ILR fields used by the OfS and how they are used
- best practice and suggestions for systems and processes.
Changes for 2021-22
These presentations were developed for the 2020-21 ILR specification and you should be mindful of changes that have been introduced for the 2021-22 ILR specification, in particular:
- The expansion in coverage for the three HE entities so that they should be returned for all kinds of HE, and not just ‘recognised HE for OfS funding purposes’.
- We no longer use student instance identifier (NUMHUS), and this will be removed in 2022-23.
- There are minor changes and clarifications in the financial support fields, a minor clarification in UCASAPPID, and SOC codes have been updated.