Discover Uni was launched on 12 September 2019. The site is currently in public beta, which means that we actively encourage feedback and user views. Please use the contact details below to let us know what you think of the site.
About Discover Uni
Discover Uni is the official, authoritative source of information and guidance on higher education in the UK.
It is designed to support prospective students in deciding whether, where and what to study. The site replaced Unistats from September 2019.
Discover Uni provides supportive information and guidance about the different options for studying. It helps prospective students make sense of all the information out there by linking to other quality resources and explaining what they can find where. It also allows users to search for and compare information and data for individual undergraduate courses across the UK.
Discover Uni is jointly owned by the Office for Students, the Department for the Economy Northern Ireland, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales and the Scottish Funding Council.
Information and guidance about higher education
- what higher education is and different ways to study
- deciding whether to go into higher education
- student finance
- support with how to choose a course.
Information about courses
- student views from the National Student Survey (NSS)
- employment outcomes and earnings from the Graduate Outcomes (GO) survey and the Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset
- information on professional accreditations, the number of students who continue on the course and entry qualifications held by previous entrants
- graduates’ perceptions of their work after graduating
- links to detailed information on providers’ course pages about course content and delivery, and fees and funding.
Information about providers
Visit the Discover Uni website
- information on quality assessment and standards
- contact information and direct links to provider websites and their student unions.
The Graduate Outcomes and LEO data published on Discover Uni are classed as experimental statistics. This is because the survey and statistics they provide are new.
We welcome feedback on how useful the statistics are and what can be done to improve them. You can find out more about how the statistics are produced and provide feedback on our Official Statistics pages.
The data on Discover Uni is called the Unistats dataset. Unistats data is collected by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), and is available for reuse as a downloadable dataset.
Find out more about the Unistats dataset on the HESA website.
Get in touch
If you have a question that’s not answered here or to give your feedback on the new website, please email us at [email protected].