The Unistats website has now been replaced with the new student information website Discover Uni, which launched on 12 September into public beta.
About Discover Uni
Discover Uni is the official, authoritative source of information and guidance on higher education in the UK.
It is designed to support prospective students in deciding whether, where and what to study. The site replaces Unistats from September 2019.
Discover Uni provides supportive information and guidance about the different options for studying. It helps prospective students make sense of all the information out there by linking to other quality resources and explaining what they can find where. It also allows users to search for and compare information and data for individual undergraduate courses across the UK.
Discover Uni is jointly owned by the Office for Students, the Department for the Economy Northern Ireland, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales and the Scottish Funding Council.
Information and guidance about higher education
- what higher education is and different ways to study
- deciding whether to go into higher education
- student finance
- support with how to choose a course.
Information about courses
- student views from the National Student Survey (NSS)
- employment outcomes and earnings from the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey and the Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset
- information on professional accreditations, the number of students who continue on the course and entry qualifications held by previous entrants
- links to detailed information on providers’ course pages about course content and delivery, and fees and funding.
Information about providers
- Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) outcomes
- information on quality assessment and standards.
The data on Discover Uni is still called the Unistats dataset. Unistats data is available for reuse either through an Application Programming Interface (API) or as a downloadable dataset.
Find out more about the Unistats dataset on the Higher Education Statistics Agency website.
Get in touch
If you have a question that’s not answered here or to give your feedback on the new website, please email us at [email protected].