The Office for Students is developing options for a feedback survey for taught postgraduate (PGT) students.
We receive insights into undergraduate course quality via the National Student Survey (NSS) but currently lack a comparable opportunity to capture the opinions of PGT students.
We want to ensure that all students have a positive experience of higher education, having enjoyed a high quality of teaching and learning, wider experience and outcomes.
We are now exploring options for a future resource that can:
- provide information that contributes to the quality assurance and public accountability of higher education
- provide information to help us fulfil our regulatory duties under the Higher Education and Research Act 2017
- provide data that supports higher education providers in improving the student experience.
As part of our research, we will:
- run a sample survey of PGT students in England from April - August 2019 focusing on OfS strategic priorities
- undertake a feasibility study to explore options for a future census-type survey.