Apply to be on our student panel
Our student panel exists to shape, challenge and develop the work of the Office for Students. It is important that students influence our work and the decisions we take so we can regulate effectively.
If you are interested in representing the views of students and making sure their experiences shape higher education in England, you should apply to be on our student panel.
Being on our panel will give you an opportunity to be heard at a national level and develop new skills, confidence and knowledge.
To apply for this role, you should be:
- currently in education; completing GCSEs, A-levels, BTEC qualifications or doing an apprenticeship
- currently in higher education; completing a diploma, foundation degree, undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree, PhD or degree apprenticeship
- have graduated in the last three years.
This year we have five places available on the panel and we are particularly keen to receive applications from:
- students studying at further education colleges
- international students
- postgraduate research students
- students studying for an apprenticeship (at any level)
- students not yet in higher education (currently studying GCSEs, A-Levels or BTECs)
- students without family support such as those who are care experienced or estranged from their families.
Student panel members will:
- share their experiences
- represent the diversity of students’ perspectives to help shape and challenge our work
- advise on strategic priorities of the OfS from a student perspective
- advise on policies and projects which are in active development
- support and challenge the OfS on student engagement activity and the delivery of the student engagement strategy.
Recruitment is open from Tuesday 1 June and will close at 1200 on Monday 14 June 2021.
Describe your experience of using this website