Driving new approaches
We are funding and working with projects across the higher education sector which are designed to address a range of issues, including sexual violence, hate crime and online harassment.
Our £4.7 million student safeguarding Catalyst fund supported 119 projects, with a particular focus on sexual harassment, online harassment and hate crime, including religion-based hate crime.
The projects covered a wide range of activity, including:
- raising awareness
- digital innovation
- new sector-wide approaches to prevention and reporting.
Projects were match-funded by providers and their partners, delivering an investment value of almost £10 million.
The projects were designed with students and students played an important part in their delivery.
Evaluation of the student safeguarding Catalyst programme
We commissioned Advance HE to carry out an external evaluation of the programme of 119 student safeguarding projects.
They have produced:
View the external evaluation reports
- A thematic report covering the first round of funding (September 2018)
- A thematic report, addressing the second round of funding (June 2019)
- A final summative report on rounds one and two (June 2019)
- A thematic report, relating to the third round of funding (November 2019)
- A final report, concluding round three. It highlights emerging practice and identifies knowledge gaps in work carried out by providers to address religious-based hate crime and harassment (August 2020).