In this system, applications are finalised and shared with universities or colleges only after Level 3 (e.g. A-level or BTEC) results are known.
Key features of this option:
- Applicants use the year before entering higher education to research and consider their options.
- Applicants may register interest in certain providers and prepare materials for their full application.
- Applications would not use predicted grades and the personal statement and academic reference could change.
- Applications are finalised and shared with universities and colleges shortly after Level 3 results are known.
- Applicants receive decisions in the weeks after applications are made and finalise their choice before the start of the academic year.
- Applications can be made at any point by those who already have their Level 3 qualifications.
Note: for this model to be implemented, it is likely that the timings of different parts of the education system would need to change.