The access and participation plan should relate to the students the higher education provider will register and teach in the five academic years from the point at which the plan starts.
For plans covering the period 2020-21 to 2024-25 this will include any students studying between 1 August 2020 and 31 July 2025.
English higher education providers can submit a plan for this period at any time from Monday 20 May 2019.
For providers which follow an August to July academic year, we advise the following submission dates.
Friday 24 May 2019
Providers should submit their plan by Friday 24 May if their students:
- have to apply for all, or some, of a provider’s courses starting in 2020-21 by the early UCAS deadline in October 2019
- apply directly to the provider in October 2019 (normally this applies to courses in medical, dentistry, veterinary or conservatoire)
For applications by this date we will send an approval decision and details of any ongoing conditions of registration or enhanced monitoring by Friday 23 August 2019.
Monday 1 July 2019
Providers should submit their plan by Monday 1 July 2019 if:
- they do not have any courses with early application dates and
- their students will apply for courses starting in 2020-21 by the standard UCAS deadline in January 2020
- their students apply directly to the provider in January 2020 or later.
For application by this date we will send an approval decision and details of any ongoing conditions of registration or enhanced monitoring by Friday 20 September 2019.
These are not absolute deadlines. If providers apply after these dates we will still assess their plan, but this will mean we make decisions at later dates.