In completing your monitoring return, you need to submit information on the progress you are making against your targets and commitments in your 2019-20 plan. This should include:
- Information on your ambition and strategy
- Your progress against targets set out in the 2019-20 access and participation plan
- Investment information (if you don’t submit this through the OfS annual financial return)
- The impact of the coronavirus pandemic - on your 2019-20 plan and your 2020-21 onwards plan
- Where targets have been less than expected, the actions you will be undertaking to get back on track
- Key commitments in your 2020-21 onwards plan.
Submitting the monitoring return
Pre-populated monitoring return templates will be released to providers on the OfS provider portal in early 2021. We will email providers’ accountable officers and access and participation plan (APP) contacts when the templates are available to be downloaded.
Providers are required to submit their 2019-20 access and participation plan monitoring return via the OfS portal by 16 April 2021.
- The monitoring return in Word format
- The supplementary information document in Excel format.
You should start with the Word document and refer to the supporting information Excel document when directed.
See our technical guidance on completing the monitoring return
- Provider monitoring return (Word and Excel parts) - illustrative examples
- Provider impact report - illustrative example
- Letter sent to accountable officers, including how we will monitor 2019-20 plans
See the letter and templates
What is an impact report?
The impact report is a PDF report, prepared by the OfS, which brings together the information you have submitted in your monitoring return and the information on investment included within your financial return.
You are expected to publish the information contained in your impact report.
Our intention is to minimise burden by providing a standard report. However, you may choose to present the information in a different format if you wish.