Case studies and resources
These case studies were produced in the spring and summer of 2020. They demonstrate some of the ways universities, colleges and others supported the needs of their students during the coronavirus pandemic.
The case studies were developed at pace and at time of publication had not been evaluated for effectiveness. Their inclusion was not intended to stipulate particular approaches or endorse the actions of specific institutions. They were offered in the spirit of sharing practice that others might find useful and applicable to their own contexts.
Many of these case studies were included in our coronavirus briefing notes. We also published a list of resources and further information for each topic.
Some of this information is likely now to be out of date.
Ideas and practices that universities and colleges have put in place to respond quickly to the needs of students without parental or wider family support during this time.
Ideas and practices that universities and colleges have put in place to respond quickly to the needs of students without parental support during this time.
Ways universities, colleges and others are responding to the challenges of delivering high-quality information, advice and guidance to prospective students.
Practical ways universities, colleges, research organisations, higher education sector bodies and research funders have been supporting postgraduate research students.
How universities, colleges, Uni Connect partnerships and others are responding to the challenges of delivering outreach activities during the coronavirus pandemic.
Last updated 17 July 2020 + show all updates
17 July 2020
- Higher education outreach case studies published
10 July 2020
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic case studies published
03 July 2020
- Disabled students and LGBT+ students case studies published
26 June 2020
- Graduate students: Getting into employment case studies published
19 June 2020
- Postgraduate research students case studies added
12 June 2020
- Case studies on providing information, advice and guidance for prospective students published
29 May 2020
- Case studies on international students published
22 May 2020
- Case studies on students without family support published
Describe your experience of using this website