Case studies and resources
These case studies demonstrate some of the ways universities, colleges and others are supporting the needs of their students during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The case studies have been developed at pace and have not yet been evaluated for effectiveness. Their inclusion is not intended to stipulate particular approaches or endorse the actions of specific institutions. They are offered in the spirit of sharing practice that others may find useful and applicable to their own contexts.
Many of these case studies are included in our coronavirus briefing notes. We will publish more case studies as further briefings are published and new examples emerge.
We have also published a list of resources and further information for each topic.
Ideas and practices that universities and colleges have put in place to respond quickly to the needs of students without parental support during this time.
Ways universities, colleges and others are responding to the challenges of delivering high-quality information, advice and guidance to prospective students.
Practical ways universities, colleges, research organisations, higher education sector bodies and research funders have been supporting postgraduate research students.
How universities, colleges, Uni Connect partnerships and others are responding to the challenges of delivering outreach activities during the coronavirus pandemic.
Last updated 17 July 2020 + show all updates
17 July 2020
- Higher education outreach case studies published
10 July 2020
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic case studies published
03 July 2020
- Disabled students and LGBT+ students case studies published
26 June 2020
- Graduate students: Getting into employment case studies published
19 June 2020
- Postgraduate research students case studies added
12 June 2020
- Case studies on providing information, advice and guidance for prospective students published
29 May 2020
- Case studies on international students published
22 May 2020
- Case studies on students without family support published
Describe your experience of using this website