Key performance measure 23
OfS staff survey results on staff satisfaction
overall employee engagement score in April 2021.
In April 2020, there was 55 per cent overall employee engagement score.
What does this show?
From 2020, OfS has carried out an annual staff engagement survey. These have mirrored the Civil Service People Survey, allowing for direct comparison with other government organisations.
Employee engagement is a strong indicator of staff satisfaction. Engaged staff are more likely to perform at a high level, drive forward innovative approaches, support each other and create the culture we want to see in the organisation.
This measure represents overall employee engagement and has shown a slight improvement between 2020 and 2021. It is positive to see an increase in employee engagement despite the impact of COVID-19.
About the measure
This measure is calculated using a weighted average of responses to the core engagement questions from the OfS People Survey.
The statements that participants were asked to respond to are:
- I am proud to tell others I am part of the OfS
- I would recommend the OfS as a great place to work
- I feel a strong personal attachment to the OfS
- The OfS inspires me to do the best in my job
- The OfS motivates me to help it achieve its objectives.
- Frequency: Annual
- Population: All employees of the Office for Students (85 per cent response rate 2020, 83 per cent response rate 2021)
- Data sources: OfS People Survey 2020 and 2021: Overall Engagement Index
- Available: April each year
Describe your experience of using this website